Food For Thought

A selection of quotes that I like. Feel free to add your own in the "Comments" below:

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
~ Master Yoda


It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
~ Aristotle









The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
~ Ezekiel 25:17

If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence that you tried.
~ David Brent






None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe









Be who you are and say what you feel; Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind.
~ Bernard Baruch








gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo: The drop hollows out the stone by frequent dropping, not by force; constant persistence gains the end.
~ Ovid







Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter
~ Dr Martin Luther King Jr







A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure
~ Lee Segall








Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow
~ Aesop

No comments: